A REALTOR® with the MRP certification understands that when military staff and their families relocate, the services of a real estate professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful. The MRP certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members which helps their clients find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support that are available.
NAR’s Military Relocation Professional (MRP) certification educates REALTORS® about working with U.S. service members and their families and veterans to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and to take full advantage of available benefits and support.
After completing the MRP certification, MRP members will:
- Understand the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact service members’ relocation and housing choices
- Use demographics of the military market to formulate business strategies and determine service offerings for sellers and buyers
- Provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process
- Enhance sensitivity to the emotional issues involved when a military family relocates
- Identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes
- Apply knowledge of the military relocation process to guide service members through the real estate transaction
- Explain the basics of VA financing
- Recognize situations in which a buyer is eligible for VA financing
Why Use an MRP
Homeownership is an important part of the fabric of America, and having a stable home environment is vital when men and women of the military are called away to serve their country. That’s why working with a REALTOR® who understands their specific needs and timetable will help make the transfer easier, faster and less stressful.
A REALTOR® with the MRP certification has the knowledge and skills for working with veterans and active duty military buyers and sellers to ensure that homeownership remains affordable and accessible.
Find an MRP in your area using our online directory.